Thursday 4 July 2019

WWC228 Marsha's Feminine "Anything Goes" challenge

Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Marsha is our hostess this week with a Feminine "Anything Goes" challenge


I've made a fun girly card today with a sweet little mermaid.


This card came about as I was practising some stencil techniques.  I had used a Simon Says Stamp Wave stencil and some blending brushes and Altenew Turquoise ink.  I blended the ink, then moved the stencil a little and blended again.  I then spritzed the stencil with water and "stamped" it on the blended piece.  This gave a nice bit of texture.    The panel sat for a while as I really didn't know what to do with it.  Then I saw this cute little mermaid at Whimsy Stamps.  It's a digital stamp do I printed it onto some white card and then used a variety of Alcohol markers to colour it.  I fussy cut it and added to the stenciled background.  The sentiment is from Lovely Flowers by Catherine Pooler Designs.  I added it to the blue card base and added some white Nuvo Drops. 

Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 11.00am NZ time) to link up your project

6 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Dawn, this is utterly adorable hunny! I love your gorgeous watery background. Be sure to share this with us over at Whimsy Stamps Facebook Group, it's fabulous hunny! Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fabulous background Dawn, and a beautiful image you have coloured so stunningly. Love the nuvo drop 'bubbles' on this gorgeous card
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Hi Dawn, what a wonderful made background, perfectly watery and such a lovely home for your mermaiden. CarolG

Greta said...

Love how you used the wave stencil--fun card, Dawn!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card Dawn, she is gorgeous!

Monika Reeck said...

Beautiful lill mermaid Dawn
love your coloring
adorable BG too
hugs
Monika