Thursday 8 August 2019

Father's Day/Masculine challenge at Southern Girls Challenge blog.

Check out my Watercooler Wednesday Challenge post HERE.
********************************************************************************
 Hi there.... It's Team Trace's turn to inspire you over at Southern Girls Challenge.  Our challenge this time is Father's Day/Masculine.  Our lovely sponsor is Newton's Nook Designs.
Newton's Nook Designs 

I have made a Father's Day card using a cute little set from Newton's Nook Designs


I made my own background card by using a Newton's Nook Design stencil called Argyle.  It's a two step stencil.  I started by using Altenew Parrot ink to blend over the white card.  Then I used Olive ink with the diamond stencil and then Moss ink for the dotted lines.  It really made an awesome background.  I used a Lil' Inkers die to cut a white panel.  I edged it with some of the Olive ink.  I stamped the Bear and BBQ with Gina K Amalgam ink and then the #1 Dad sentiment with Versamark and white embossed.  I then did a bit of a resist technique with the Olive ink before using a little Spellbinders die to cut it out.   I used Altenew makers and Copics to colour the beer and BBQ after using my Scan'n'Cut to cut them out. I used dimensional tape to pop up Daddy Bear. 

Newton's Nook Designs kindly provided the team a discount to purchase some of their products  so I got two stamps sets. I have made a second card with the other set I bought.


Once again I used the Argyle stencil.  This time on kraft paper with Altenew Sand Dunes and Mocha inks.  The wine bottle and glass are from a Newton's Nook Designs stamp called "Wine a Little".  The sentiment is from the BBQ stamp set.  

Do come and join us at Southern Girls Challenge.

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great Father's Day cards, Dawn! Just love how you used the argyle pattern in different colors! Darling grilling bear on card one and I love the wine bottle & glass on card two!

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome cards Dawn, and I love your backgrounds! Nothing quite like making your own backgrounds that are the perfect colours for your card!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

2 great cards, Dawn! Fun to see how different the stencil looks depending on the colors!