Saturday 10 August 2019

No line watercolouring.

Well I've never had much success with no line colouring - usually with Copics or pencils but today I decided to try it out with watercolouring.   During the week I watched a video on the Altenew Blog where Erum did some no line watercolouring and she made it looked very easy.  So I brought my Zig Markers and the Altenew watercolour paints with me to Mangawhai.   After a busy start to the morning, I sat down and tried the technique out following how Erum did it.

Here is my first attempt for the day





Was pleased how it turned out.  I stamped one of the roses from the Wallpaper Art set onto some Canson XL watercolour paper with Sand Dunes inks before using the Zig Marker to colour.  I ended up making a mess of trying to add some leaves, so I fussy cutting it.  I then changed my mind on how my design would look.  I took some cream plain card and trimmed it to just less than a card front.



I stamped one of the leaves from the set with Limestone ink and then added the rose with some dimensional tape.  I used the Limestone ink to run around the edge of the panel before mounting it to the base card.  The sentiment was stamped with my new favourite black ink (Obsidian from Altenew)  It's from the Leaf Canopy set.  

I am entering this into
The Flower Challenge - Your favourite flower.  (I have lots of favourites but roses is right up there!)   

For my second go, I used another of the roses from the Wallpaper Art set.  I stamped the rose and two of the leaves from the set with the Sand Dunes ink and again used the Zig markers to colour


I used an orange marker to colour the flower with a dark grey for the centre and a dark green one for the leaves.  I coloured directly on to the paper for the really dark leaves and used water to shade the lighter leaves.  The sentiment for this one is from Sophisticated Wreath set.

This one is for Virginia's Show and Share - trying out a new technique



All in all a very happy crafty afternoon for me with my very limited supplies.

Last night our wee precious called around with her Daddy while Mummy was out getting a Mani-Ped done.  She was a bit upset for a bit but Nanny got her to sleep and then Pop had the magic touch when she woke after only 45 mins.   She is now three months old!  And this evening is winging her way to Hawaii for her first overseas trip!


thanks for stopping by. 

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, and great no-line colouring. Loving your results!
Wee Grace is beautiful, and what an early age to be travelling at!
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

WOW!! You've got it! gorgeous watercoloring, Dawn - love both of them - one of these days i might get brave enuf to try this!

Arlene said...

Your water colored no-line coloring is scrumptious.

The baby is adorable and so sweet.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning watercolouring Dawn! Love that soft look. So gorgeous. Fabulous card design with it too. 3 months!! How gorgeous is that pic of your wee grandie. Such a cutie! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Viv said...

Gorgeous card here Dawn and what a sweetie that baby is too. Thanks for sharing your card with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your no-line colored flowers, Dawn! You did great on them!! Love the designs of the cards two, especially the one with the neutral leaves on ivory! Precious little grand-baby too; I'm sure you have fun with her!!

Greta said...

Oh what an adorable picture of Grace! Seems like you were just waiting for her to be born & she's already 3 mo! Your watercoloring looks beautiful, Dawn! I'm especially fond of the first card as pink is my favorite color & the stamped leaves are beautiful under the rose!

Virginia L. said...

Totally in love with what you created with the no -line watercoloring, Dawn! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!