Thursday 8 August 2019

WWC233 Karen's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Karen is our hostess this week with an Feminine "Anything Goes".





Today I chose to use some soft yellow/orange colours.    I recently got a new set of Altenew inks - Golden Sunset.  I used the two lightest colours - Sunray and Chamomile.  The stencil I used was one I purchased as a second from Faith Pocock Craft Studio.    I masked around the edge of the card and used my blending brushes to add the colour through the stencil.  I used a yellow gel pen to draw around the edge.  I die cut the Catherine Pooler Design Hello die twice, one out of gold matt card and one black one.  I offset the two dies so the gold would pop.  I used a sentiment from Simply the Best from Catherine Pooler Designs to finish my card. I decided not to add any other embellishments.  

Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 11.00am NZ time) to link up your project

I'm entering this into the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Add a die cut.  


7 comments:

Lin said...

oh so pretty, Dawn!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the yellows on the stencil, Dawn! So pretty with the black and gold sentiment!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Not only is this a very pretty card Dawn - it's also quite dramatic - love the yellows and gold with just a touch of black
Blessings
Maxine

sallysbitz2 said...

Pretty card with great tones of yellow x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Dawn this is SO elegant hun. Love the yellow and the elegant CAS finish. Seriously gorgeous hunny. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

This is beautiful, Dawn--love that gold hello die cut!

Helen said...

So pretty Dawn! I love your soft delicate stencil background. Perfect of the lovely bold sentiment! :)