Sunday 18 August 2019

Life is better with friends

My NZ swap group theme this month was set by my friend Suna.  Stenciling was what she decided on... use a stencil or make on yourself to use.    And Suna was my partner this month.  She lives not too far from me - and used to work in the same office as me till she retired.

For my card I made my own stencil with an Altenew cover die.


I started by using my homemade stencil to blend the blue inks from Lapis Lazuli inks to make my background.  I stamped the leaves from Altenew's Wallpaper Art set in Obsidian black ink. OMG this ink is stunning.  The coverage is incredible.  I also added some fine splatters with black ink. I stamped one of the flowers from the Wallpaper Art set onto some watercolour paper and used the inks to colour it.  I deepen the shadows with a Prismacolor pencil.  I fussy cut the flower and added it over the leaves.  The sentiment is from Altenew's Leaf Canopy set.   A few blue enamel dots finished the card.  I heard from Suna to say she got the card and loved it.  Always a bonus when the recipient likes your card.

Off to see my little one later today.  Can't wait.


7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fabulous effect with the stencil background, Dawn - love it!! Also love the beautiful bloom with the black leaves - no wonder your friend loved it!!

Betty said...

gorgeous gorgeous!! that stamp set is one of my favorites and your design with it is so pretty - love all the blue!

Suze said...

Beautiful card Dawn. Love how you coloured the flower. I still need to start mine for this month.

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! Gorgeous colouring and I love that background, Jo x

Arlene said...

I love the color and your stencil from the die-cut. A beauty, as is your baby granddaughter.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Dawn - what is there not to like about it? Love the stencilling and the shading on the flowers is amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Bet you had fun with Grace--"the seasoned traveller!" She is such a cutie! Did you hear the gasp?! I wish I had been your partner as the card is absolutely stunning! The floral set is on my wishlist & now I want it even more!