Saturday 17 August 2019

Puppy Christmas - Dachshund through the snow!

My blog friend Jo's Christmas Kickstart this fortnight has the theme.... Dachshund Through the Snow... a play on words - so she and Elfen helper Cat want to see canines on the cards.

I knew what digi stamp I was going to use straight away, but didn't get time to create till this colder Saturday afternoon.


I started by making my own background using the Newton's Nook two part stencil.  I used some cream cardstock and used Altenew Enchanted Gold pigment ink and then added the red dashes with Catherine Poolr Design Rockin' Red ink.   I printed the Bugaboo image - Puppy - enough Reindeer and used Alcohol markers to colour it in. Plus a little gold gel pen for the bells.   I used some rectangle dies to cut it out and then used the same size die and one two bigger to die cut the frame.    A bit of Kindyglitz for the snow and the fluffy hat.

And another lovely surprise to see I made the Top Picks for my tree cards in the last challenge
 Thanks Jo and Darnell for picking me.

I got a few other cards done today(getting ahead with some design team work) as it was a bit wintery and staying in my craft room was a great way to spend the time.

Got a message from my son to say they are home from Hawaii and that little Grace was a great traveler.  Slept  90% of the flight over and coming home today didn't cry at all.  Getting a seasoned traveler.  They had a great time there... including my son proposing - so came back an engaged couple.


4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a cute pup; I feel so sorry for him! Love that background too. Love the sweet pic of Gracie and mom and dad, and what nice news that they've got engaged, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Ohhh what a darling lil pup...he looks so sad standing in his glittery snow.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Dawn, and so beautifully coloured and constructed too.
Great news as a result of the holiday!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh golly--that is just the cutest Christmas card, Dawn! Such a sweet picture of Grace & her folks & exciting they're engaged!