Saturday 14 September 2019

A Scandinavian Christmas at Christmas Kickstart Challenge

It's a new challenge at Christmas Kickstart and Jo's theme is Scandinavian Holidays.  I'm enjoying the challenges as I'm building up a supply of different Christmas cards.

https://christmaskickstartchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-christmas-kickstart-challenge-19.html

Scandinavian Christmas lends itself to lots of fun reds and whites, folk art type images and of course Swedish Tomte (Gnomes) so that's what inspired me.   I did some Pinterest viewing and saw a pretty card that I was inspired by, using the little Tomte gnomes.


I started by printing off some Nordic patterned paper that I had in my Digital stash - unfortunately I forgot to note who I purchased it from.  I trimmed it to fit a DL sized card base.  I stamped and coloured the 5 gnomes.  The gnome was a free set a couple of years ago.  Super cute!  I remembered that I had some Cuttlebug alpha dies from around 10 years ago - not even sure what it's called now!  I haven't used it in such a long time!  But it was the perfect size for my gnomes to hold.   I added the Christmas sentiment stamped onto white card.  The base card looks black here but it is in fact a very dark green - the letters are also die cut with this dark green card,   I finished off with some little pompoms.  I had these in my stash from making little bunny faceclothes for a baby shower.

And while I was in the mood I made a second card....


I used Simon Says Stamp Holiday Borders stamped in Catherine Pooler's Rockin' Red ink.  I stamped the border a number of times to cover the central panel.  The little deer is from a Sugar & Spice Studio paper pack called Nordic Christmas.  I used a die to cut it out.  Added some Wink of Stella to the deer.  I white embossed the sentiment (from the Gnomes set) onto black card and it was all done.
I'm adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr group as well as to Jo's Christmas Kickstart.

Had a lovely 5 days with my Dad and we celebrated his birthday. He got to see his little great-granddaughter and spend some time with the family.  Little Grace was a sick - she tested positive for Salmonella and ended up spending overnight in hospital while they monitored her.  She was still full of smiles and has come right thank goodness.  A tad scary though at the time for her parents and us too.  She's 4 months now and is rolling over a lot these days.

Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Dawn - love the gnomes, especially the detail of the pompom!!
Sorry to hear wee Grace has not been well - that would have been very frightening.
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Wow! Great cards, Dawn. Love the colours and the sweet images - especially loving the pompoms! Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x PS Hope Grace is all better now.

Arlene said...

I saw the cards on Facebook and LOVE them. Perfect for the Nordic challenge. So glad you got to spend time with your dad. Hugs from across the miles.

Barb Ghig said...

Love your Scandinavian designs, Dawn! Your little gnomes are adorable and I love how you created a Nordic pattern on the 2nd card...so pretty!

Greta said...

So good you got to spend the time with your dad. Scary indeed that Grace was so sick & glad she recovered quickly! Darling gnomes card, but I just adore the second one--beautiful!

sulli said...

Useful article, thank you for sharing the article!!!

Website: bloggiaidap247.com giúp bạn giải đáp bash là gì hay bash idol là gì và nhiều thông tin hữu ích