Thursday 19 September 2019

WWC239 Helen's Masculine Anything Goes Challenge


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Helen is our hostess this week with a Masculine Anything Goes challenge.


My card today was made for my Dad for his recent 82nd birthday.  


I started by taking some heavy craft paper and using an embossing folder (a freebie from an older magazine).  I then used some brown ink to sponge over the raised areas.  I trimmed and added it to a cream base.  I used a scrap of the cream card to stamp the sentiment.  It's from a stamp set that was in a For the Boys card making magazine kit.   I has the little wine glass stamped from a Newton's Nook set, sitting on my desk.  I added the Copic colour and fussy cut them.  I added some Spectrum Noir glitter pen.  A very CAS masculine card. 

Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 11.00am NZ time) to link up your project

9 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Dawn, I love the neutrals you've used for your birthday card. This makes me think of a happy night at the Pub, sharing drinks and singing songs. Love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Dawn - any man would appreciate this with it's Super CAS construction and the fabulous embossed background.
Blessings
Maxine

Tristan said...

Fab masculine card Dawn - love the background panel - such a cool embossing folder.

Greta said...

Bet he loved this fun BD card!

creationsnz said...

Great mancard Dawn with excellent use of neutrals. I love that embossing folder too. CarolG

Helen said...

What a perfect EF for a male card, Dawn! Love the light shading on the panel!

Michelle W said...

Love this Dawn! Love how you used the embossing folder too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great dad card, Dawn! Just love the embossed kraft with the wine glasses atop!

Monika Reeck said...

Love the monochrome colors for DADs card Dawn
beautiful manly card
hugs
Monika