Friday 18 October 2019

Floral cards this week.

Hi there.   I've been very sick this week and haven't felt much like crafting... Got what I thought was a head cold on Saturday but by Tuesday knew it was something more as my back was hurting when I coughed and my throat was raw, so a visit to the doctor's confirmed - Tonsillitis as well as crackly and wheezy chest so antibiotics, two lots of inhalers and the rest of the week off.  Plus she said it it wasn't better in two days to go back, which I did this morning.... good news - wheezy and crackly chest clear but now a touch of bronchitis.  Another antibiotic added now.

Yesterday I felt a bit better and my friend Suna, came over to pick up some stamps I'd ordered for her that arrived on Wednesday.  We try and buy together to save on postage.   She brought her pre-stamped images and Polychromos pencils and we spend a couple of hours  stamping, colouring and having a nice time together.

I had already made one card with the goodies that arrived on Wednesday - couldn't help myself!  I got an Altenew stencil, a stamp and die set and some die cut washi.   So I have two cards to share today

First the stenciled card.


This stencil is called Rose Bouquet and it's lovely and large.  I masked off the leaves and stenciled the roses in the inks from the Shades of Purple set.  Then I masked the flowers and stenciled the greens with Parrot, Olive and a touch of Moss inks.  I stamped the sentiment from the Camellia Japonica Build a Flower set but messed it up so gold embossed it onto some black card and added it to the card.  I added the panel to a kraft card base.   I added a few sequins to finish off.

Yesterday I gave the stamping and layering the Camellia Japonica stamp.  I hadn't realised it was such a bit flower. 

I used the four pink inks.  I did two different pink sets but used the one stamped with the inks from the Cherry Blossom set.   I used Parrot, Olive and Moss for the leaves.  I die cut all the pieces and decided to make a soft pink  blended background with Baby Pink ink. The sentiment is from Sincere Greetings stamp set.  I'm entering this one into the CAS challenge at The Flower Challenge.  Hope it is CAS enough. 

Thanks for visiting me today. 

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn, you really have had a tough week - glad to hear you are on the mend though.
Love your cards, they are marvellous - the purples on the roses are so beautifully blended, as are the leaves, and the gold on black sentiment really adds some drama.
The Camellia Japonica is beautiful, especially the softly sponged background.
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Oh dear Dawn sorry to hear you are poorly, hope you feel a lot better soon. I also have a cold but not feeling too bad, hope to get some crafty time later. Love both your cards, the top one is so delicate and pretty and love the flower on the second one.

Lin said...

So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Dawn - hope those antibiotics do the trick quickly! Your flower cards are lovely!

Betty said...

i hope you're feeling much better by now, Dawn - and it looks like you are somewhat with these two lovely cards.

Greta said...

So sorry you caught a bug, Dawn--hope it's gone now! You made 2 beautiful cards! I really love the first one with that incredible stencil!

Monika Reeck said...

I love the soft color on the first card Dawn
the flower on second card is stunning Dawn
love them both
Sorry that you caught a bug Dawn hope you are feel better today
hugs hugs
Monika

creationsnz said...

THese are both delicious Dawn. You certainly have a way with flowers. CarolG

Shona Chambers said...

I really hope your so much better now Dawn and that your back to crafting and enjoying life. I must apologise for my late comment, life has gotten on top of me of late. Your card is so beautiful and I've never seen that flower stamp before, love all the detail. And you definitely nailed a perfect CAS design. So very glad you joined us this month at The Flower Challenge!!