Thursday 17 October 2019

WWC243 - Heidi's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Heidi  is our hostess this week with an "Anything Goes" masculine challenge 

.
October 16th is my Hubby's birthday so today I am sharing the card I've made for him 


Recently My Favorite Things open their Vault and some older stamps and dies became available.  As soon as I saw the basketball boot was in stock, I just had to get it!   So I ordered it and low and behold, within  2 days of me getting notification that it was in the post... it was here on my door step.  That is amazingly quick to here in NZ.   So I set to and a couple of hours later, I had this one done.  I decided to do both boots on the card.  I made my background by using a soft blue grey textured card and using two Altenew grey inks and the Newton's Nook two step stencil to make the Argyle pattern. 
I pieced all the bits of the die together.  Let me tell you, all those little circles took a while to add.  But worth it in the end.  I used some white crochet cotton to lace the boots.  I used the matching stamp set to stamp the ankle circle and the sentiment at the bottom of the card.   I'm so happy with this card and am sure Hubby will like it too. 

Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 12.00am NZ time) to link up your project.

6 comments:

Michelle W said...

WOW Dawn this is fantastic! I bet your hubby loved it!

Heidi Weaver said...

No wonder you jumped to get that basketball boot stamp set, Dawn. How perfect is that image for guys of all ages! Love the background stencilling (great Argyle pattern). The neutrals are so effective for this card.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Dawn - and so worth all the 'fiddle' to get the boots looking so amazing - love the background too - that really sets the boots off perfectly
Blessings
Maxine

Tristan said...

Fab monochrome card Dawn. Great pairing with the argyle pattern behind. Bet your hubby loved it!

Greta said...

Love the laces, background--everything! Happy BD to your hubby!

Helen said...

What a fantastic card, Dawn! I love your sneakers - they look like you could pick them up. It was well worth all your time with the 'circles'!! Wonderful background too! I'm sure your husband loved it! The delivery time from the US is impressive!