Saturday 19 October 2019

Joy Wreath

Feeling better today albeit that I'm still coughing a lot!  I've been busy with taking the cat to the vet and doing my grocery shopping but time now to play.

I was looking for a sentiment the other day and came across Altenew's Sophisticated wreath stamp set.  I've used one sentiment from it before, but not used the rest of the set.   I decided to combine with some die cuts and make a Christmas card.


I stamped the pine branch three times using two Altenew green inks and the rock and roll technique.  As I have the matching dies, I cut them out and layered them over each other to form the wreath.  I add Nuvo drops as the berries on it.  The little Joy die cut is from a Couture Creations die set called Joyous Frame.   I had the woodgrain paper sitting on my desk and matted it with kraft and layered onto the white square base.  The bow is a die cut (unknown brand) cut with some dark mahogany card stock.    A quick card to add to the growing stash of Christmas cards. 

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

glad to hear you are on the mend Dawn- did you share you bugs with the cat? ;).
Love your card - it's so striking with the bright wreath over the dark background.
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Love your wreath card Dawn, so pretty. Glad to hear you are on the mend now.

Dotty Jo said...

Oh my word, just the card I've been trying to make for the last couple of weeks! Love this so much, Dawn, especially that gorgeous wood effect background, Jo x

Greta said...

I have that set on my wishlist & you've made me want it even more! Wonderful Christmas card, Dawn! Hope you're well soon!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath over the wood grain, Dawn!! So glad you're feeling better - hope kitty is too!!

Monika Reeck said...

The wreath is stunning against that woodgrain Dawn
Love this much
hugs
Monika

creationsnz said...

Super wood background and those nuvo berries are gorgeous. CarolG