Thursday 3 October 2019

WWC241 - Dawn's "Feminine Anything Goes" Challenge


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  I'm our hostess this week with an "Feminine Anything Goes" challenge.



Of course, as it's a feminine challenge, I just had to go with flowers.




A couple of weeks ago I was totally struggling with layering these flowers (Peony Bouquet set).  My stamps are extremely well used, and have gone a bit discoloured.  I asked some advise on the Altenew Fan Group of facebook and got some great ideas.  So for these I did a mixture of doing a die cut first and using it in my MISTI to do the outline and the first two layers and then used my Stampin' Up Stampamajig to line up the last layer.   I added some of the leaves from the Peony Bouquet and some from the Leaf Canopy set.  The sentiment is from the Leaf Canopy set.



Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 11.00am NZ time) to link up your project. 

10 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty, Dawn - love those colors and your design

Karen Brown said...

What a beautiful card....and I love the sentiment! Life is definitely better with friends.

creationsnz said...

Delicious looking flowers and a beautiful card - you are the guru of this style. CarolG

Tristan said...

Beautiful colouring as per usual Dawn.

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous stamping Dawn - so glad you had help with problem, as this is a stunning result. A beautiful card :)
Blessings
Maxine

Heidi Weaver said...

Beautiful design, Dawn! I love the blooms and the colours you've used to bring them to life. Looking at your card, one would never guess you struggled with the layering. And the sentiment...perfect.

Greta said...

Well it must have worked as your flowers are beautiful! Lovely card, Dawn!

Helen said...

A really beautiful card, Dawn! I know what you mean about lining up the layers, but you've certainly mastered it! This is one of my favourite Altnew floral stamp set! I love this sentiment!

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the pretty pinks you used!!! I have a hard time lining up layers myself. Never look as good as everyone else's flowers no matter what I do!!

Monika Reeck said...

I just come back from Frankfurt
I need to make a new Passport
and I visit you first :) LOL
love the coloring of this flower Dawn
adorable feminin card
hugs
Monika