Thursday 24 October 2019

WWC#244 Helen's "All About Occasions" challenge.

Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Helen is our hostess this week with an "All About Occasions" challenge


 Today I am sharing a Wedding card I was asked to make.  My friend gave me a copy of the wedding invitation and requested that I have them name on the front of the card.    The invitation had roses in pink and dark red so that's what I decided to use.   I made the card a 5" x 7" card so I could get the roses on.

I used my computer to print the couple's names on the front.  I have a little chart that gives the RBG colour numbers to print out a gold colour.  I then used flowers from three Altenew stamp sets - Wallpaper Art, Beautiful Day and Peony Bouquet.  I did some masking to make my flower arrangement.  I used a mixture of Altenew Alcohol Markers and Spectrum Noir markers.

Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 12 noon NZ time) to link up your project.

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Beautyiful placement of the flowers and a gorgeous colour combo, Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

I adore the color of the flowers so adorable dear Dawn
hugs
Monika

Betty said...

this is so lovely - am sure your friend and the couple will be so pleased with it!

Tristan said...

What a lovely card for the bridal couple. Your placement and colouring is outstanding as per usual. I'm sure your friend loved it.

Heidi Weaver said...

What a beautiful wedding card, Dawn. I love those Altenew images and the perfect colours you've given them. A beautiful design.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Dawn this is amazing - love the fabulous flowers and the way you have coloured them, and also the beautiful gold you have printed their names in
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Hi Dawn. This is downright gorgeous! As always, beautiful work and a lovely connection to the invitation. CarolG

Karen Brown said...

Great job! I haven't had good luck printing on my cards but yours looks great. I think my problem is my printer. So special that the card coordinates with the wedding invitation. :-)

Helen said...

A really gorgeous Wedding card, Dawn! I'm sure the recipients loved it! I love the way you achieved that gorgeous gold lettering - just perfect against the richly coloured flowers!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Dawn! How special to use red & pink roses like the invitation!