Sunday 17 November 2019

Happy Birthday to my Boy

Last week my son had his birthday... his first as a Dad... a special time for him

He came around for a barbeque this weekend with the family and I gave him the card I made.


I used my MFT Hightop sneakers die.  I found this bright masculine looking paper in my stash and added the sneaker.   This is the second time I've used this sneaker so I had learnt a few tricks and tips..... like using Stick It paper when die cutting the little circles.    My son loves wearing white sneakers and loved the card.

This weekend we had an overseas visitor.... Our daughter's Father in Law - Alan was transiting on his way from Perth to Houston.  There's a 13 hour layover, so Alan came a day earlier and spend almost all of the weekend with us.  He arrived at 6.00am Saturday and his flight left at 7.30 tonight.  We had a lovely day with him, playing tourists in our own town.  We visited Cornwall Park and walked up One Tree Hill (Maungakiekie) - It's a 182-metre (597 ft) volcanic peak in Auckland.  The summit provides views across the Auckland area, and allows visitors to see both of Auckland's harbours.  Luckily it was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the trek up to the Memorial and the view from the top. 


We then had lunch at the Cornwall Park Bistro and before coming home to to let Alan have a rest before the barbeque. 

I did get a little time in the craft room and will share in a few days. 

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Another great card using that die Dawn, and a wonderful weekend too by the sounds of it! It's been a few years (slight understatement) since I was on One Tree Hill! I brings back memories
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Such a great card for your son, Dawn--love it! Sounds like you guys are great tourist guides for your town--wish you could show me around!

Monika Reeck said...

lovely shoe DIE
ooh you have adorable Dies Dawn
great DUDE card
nice Photo too…
hugs hugs
Monika