Monday 2 December 2019

Christmas at CCC Reveal and a Vintage Santa

I have heard from my recipient to say my card had arrived for the November CCC.  I chose to send a Christmas card to my CCC partner as it was one of my very best online friends.... none other than the lovely Greta Hess....aka GG Creations

Here is the card I made for her using the theme of Baubles.


My background paper was some wrapping paper that came from charity I help as a thank you for the donations this year.  I trimmed a little bit to the make the background, layered onto some bronze/gold card.  I die cut the Altenew Mid Century Frame die from the same bronze/gold card as well as the sentiment from Britannia Dies.  My baubles are a little stamp from Couture Creations that I stamped on a white circle.  I used a variety alcohol markers to colour them and added some glitter gel.

And I have a card to share that I added to the "Show us your Santas" at Jo's Christmas Kickstart Challenge

 This stamp is a white silicone stamp from La Blanche that I got many years ago.  I used Catherine Pooler ink - Eucalyptus ink and Altenew Obsidian ink to stamp the image.  I added some pencils on the holly to enhance it.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set.  I tore around the image and added some of the green ink to distress.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope your Christmas cards are coming along.  I'm off to start addressing mine. 

4 comments:

Betty said...

using that gold frame die just makes the card, Dawn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Dawn! Just love your pair of baubles on card one with the yummy golds and the vintage Santa on card two!!

Angelnorth said...

These are great Dawn! I saw that Altenew frame the other day and thought it looked interesting- it looks fantastic on this card, perfect frame for the festive baubles! Love the vintage santa too, he looks a very useful stamp!

Greta said...

Both beautiful cards, but I'm so thrilled you sent me the baubles card, Dawn! The wrapping paper is so beautiful--great idea using it for a background! The glitter gel on the baubles is truly stunning in person! Happy Holidays, my friend!