Sunday 8 December 2019

Jingle Bells

Hi there.... Christmas is sneaking up quickly.   I sold some of my Christmas cards to people at work, so I've been making a few more.

I used a Mini stamp from Couture Creations - bells and stamped it numerous times onto white card and used my Scan'N'Cut to cut them out so a ready supply of stamps for colouring and making into cards.

This first one I used Copic markers to colour my bells and then used an embossing folder to make my background.  My sentiment is from a Kaisercraft set.

Second card used Prismacolor pencils to colour the bell

I added some Opal Dust gel to add some glitter to the image.  I added some washi tape to the top and bottom of my panel and then ran through the Cuttlebug with an Altenew stencils and my rubber mat to give some subtle texture to the card.  The little doily die is from Catherine Pooler Designs. I didn't add a sentiment to the front of this one, added one inside.

and a third card using the bells

 I used some vintage music that I found on Pintrest and printed to fit my card.  I used my Prismacolor pencils again and added a little sentiment onto the bottom of the music panel.  I am entering this one into the Traditional Christmas challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

I've actually done another three or so bell card but will share over the next little while.   Have to say I had lots of fun doing different designs with the bells... hit on one design I've used a number of times which uses up some of my ENORMOUS supply of patterned papers.

thanks for stopping by.  I'm having a very quiet weekend at the beach - with no supplies just relaxing.  Have a great weekend all.

7 comments:

Betty said...

fantastic cards, Dawn - love the blue bells with the sheet music.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

These are gorgeous Dawn! Love the different takes using the same image, so versatile! Just gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three fabulous bell cards, Dawn! Especially love the one on the music paper - we sang Jingle Bells at our show today (the Barbra Streisand version) - very fun!!

Arlene said...

I like them all. Colors change the way we see things and you've done a marvelous job of showing us how one image can be used to make an impact in 3 different ways.

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful coloring on all three cards, Dawn! I love how you layered your patterned papers on the 2nd and 3rd cards...so pretty!

Greta said...

Love the variety of looks with one image, Dawn! That first embossing folder is gorgeous!

Virginia L. said...

I am so blessed to have received one of your gorgeous cards, Dawn. You are one awesome blog friend that I always cherish! Sending you big warm hugs! xoxo