Wednesday 22 January 2020

CASEing Betty

Hi there.  Today I am sharing a card I made after being inspired by a card made by my bloggy friend Betty...You can see her card here.  Betty was inspired by a card from Michelle Lupton
Michelle used some Alcohol ink to make some flowers.   My card is more of a CASE of Betty's  - loved her idea of the pop of colour of the flowers on a black base.

 I had this piece if  alcohol inked Yupo paper sitting on my desk from a while back.  I recently brought a stamp and die set from Couture Creations (Peaceful Peony) I stamped the big flower onto the Yupo piece with some pigment ink (Obsidian from Altenew) and then wiped it off.  This is a way to do an alcohol lift process.  I then used the matching die to cut it out.  I added to the side of my card, and added some stripes of dark magenta card and some silver washi tape. A few white enamel dots.  

Thanks Betty for inspiring me to use up some of my alcohol ink backgrounds and to CASE your card.

4 comments:

Betty said...

your card is beautiful and your idea to do the alcohol lift to remove the ink is wonderful - probably so much easier than all the trouble i had stamping in black - i am so honored to have you CASE my card - thank you my long time bloggy friend.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn, love that you put this flower on the black background - it really shines, and thanks for the tip about using pigment ink as a lifter for AI's.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Woooww this look fantastic Dawn..
I never have Yupo paper
and this look so adorable
LOVE this Dawn
hugs
Monika

Greta said...

Wonderful case, Dawn--this is beautiful!