Saturday 4 January 2020

Show us your new Stash at Sweet Stampin' challenge.

Hi there... our first challenge for the New Year here at Sweet Stampin' challenge.


And what's not better than to show us your new stash. Did you get lots of goodies for Christmas or did you spend up large on the Black Friday sales....

My card uses some new stash I got just a week before Christmas.  My friend Suna, had won a gift voucher from Altenew so she asked if I wanted her to include anything in with her order.  We often do this as it saves on postage costs.  So I ordered the Gentleman's Grey inks and the Fine Frames rectangle dies.   She gave me a price...and told me that the inks would be a present from her.... how generous... and then when we meet for lunch she told me she had got the large inks... So an early Christmas present for me, thanks Suna.


I started by using some foil card from Rosie's Studio with my Fine Frames die to cut a frame.  This die is incredible.  It die cuts many tiny thin frames.  I managed to stick some tape on the back of the thin frames to keep them together.  I used one of the lighter grey inks to stamp the dotted layer of the leaves around before adding the frame.  I stamped the flowers in Altenew Coral Bliss and Heart Beat and added some of the orange inks for the centres.  I fussy cut them out and stamped and fussy cut some leaves in the darker colours of the greys.  I used the darkest grey to stamp the sentiment from Altenew Sentiment Strips.

We would love to have you join us this week, using your new stash
.



5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn what a fabulous gift - and a wonderful card too - love the colours in the flowers against the greys.
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

love the color scheme you used Dawn - so pretty!

Greta said...

What a sweet friend & lovely card, Dawn!

creationsnz said...

Love this pop of colour and how you used the foil for a bg - must remember this trick. CarolG

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a gorgeous crafty gift Dawn! So special. We must plan to meet up at SENZ this year! I see they're posting about it already!! Gorgeous colours on this card hun, the red and orange just pops against the greys! This is really gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo