Thursday 9 January 2020

WWC 253 Karen's Challenge : Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist.


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Karen is our hostess this week with an anything goes with a feminine challenge.



Getting back into the swing of the New Year and today I have a sweet floral card to share.

 this card is made using some selective stamping of an Altenew stamp from "Happy Bloom
 set.   I coloured with Altenew Alcohol markers and Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers.  I then fussy cut out the blooms.  Next I worked on the background.  I used an Altenew stencil to add some light grey and blue inks  (Silver Lane and Eastern Night)  I then created my vase using some PP and Altenew "Versatile Vases" which I fussy cut.  Added some grey marker to ground the vase.  I stuck down the vase and then the blooms.  I added some extra leaves with a fine Sharpie and some markers.   Finished with a white embossed stripe from "Sentiment Stripes"from Altenew.  

Come and join the fun.  Check out the projects that the other artists at Watercooler Wednesday
Challenge have created.  Then take our challenge and link your creation to the challenge post.  We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 12.00 noon NZ time ) to link up your project.


6 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty, Dawn - love the black vase!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Dawn - love the vibrant flowers offset against the black vase makes for a stunning focal point. Well done with the extra leaves - I cannot tell the difference!
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

So pretty, Dawn! I love the background you created as it sets off the floral bouquet wonderfully! Your created leaves fit in perfectly!!! :)

Karen Brown said...

What a pretty jug of flowers! Beautiful card. :-)

Greta said...

I love this card, Dawn--one of my favorites!

Monika Reeck said...

the flower colored so beautiful Dawn
love that Vase too
sweet card
hugs
Monika