Thursday 9 January 2020

Virginia Rose 3D flowers

Altenew recently has been sending out a little stamp set as a gift to customers.  I was super excited today to find out that I was lucky enough to get one... what fun it was to see the bright yellow envelope in my mail box today.


Isn't it so cute.  Well I couldn't wait to get started...and as Hubby is away on a boy's fishing trip, I got straight into it.  I decided I wanted to use one the the Altenew 3D flower dies.  I chose to use the Virginia Rose dies.

I went with a sort of cream colour way for my rose.  I started by die cutting all the flower parts in cream card stock and then used Altenew inks - Hazelnut, Almond Butter to colour the layers.  I die cut the leaves out some "watercoloured" patterned paper I had on hand.  I added the little sentiment directly to the white card base.  I used the Hazelnut ink to sponge some soft background where the roses went.  I layered the white panel to a cream card base.

I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge... "Fun with Florals" and Virginia's Show and Share for January


As this is my third post for the day, please scroll down if you wants to see more of my cards
Thanks for stopping by. 

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

this is exquisite Dawn - love your choice of colours and how you have used them, especially with the light sponging in the background
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Such a pretty card Dawn.

Lin said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Dawn - love these soft neutrals!

Betty said...

WOW - gorgeous card, Dawn - love that rose die and lucky you to get the gift from Altenew!

Corry said...

WoW this is beautiful ....you also have a nice blog. I started to follow you. I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too
My blog is corryscardandcreations
Hugs corry

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty! I was just debating about that die set & you're making me move it up my wishlist!

Virginia L. said...

Utterly beautiful!! I must tell you, Dawn, that you have grown as a crafter in the last year....the work you create have been amazing! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS! Glad to see your lovely work. I appreciate your support!

Monika Reeck said...

the flower color is so soft love this Dawn
not really your style but this is so lovely and elegant made
hugs
Monika

Janis Godwin Spear said...

WOW! This card is absolutely gorgeous. So elegant and beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :)

Daria said...

This is a lovely card. I love the colors you used--so elegant.