Thursday 20 February 2020

Altenew Inspiration Monthly challenge.... find beauty in every day

Hi there... if you need a distraction what do you do?  Make a card of course!  So I made this card for the Altenew February Inspiration challenge...


 This was the inspiration photo.  And here's what I did

I used the Simple Beauty stamp set with Silver Lake ink.  I missed the first layer of colour and then just stamped the second layer - in Fresh lemon for the bigger flower and Maple Yellow for the smaller one.  Added some green and then Honey Drizzle for the flower centres.  For the leaves I used Shadow Creek and Mountain Pine inks.  It's a bit hard to see, but I took a tiny round blending brush and blended a halo of Citrus Burst around the flower.  I took some Enchanted Gold ink and watered it down to add a few subtle splatters.   The sentiment is from Classic Beauty set.    An apt sentiment for me at the moment.

I'm also adding this to the "Add Leaves" to The Flower Challenge.


and Add a Sentiment at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge

Thanks for stopping by.  

11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn this is exquisite - love it. Sounds as though you are having a bit of a difficult time? Praying for you
Blessings
Maxine

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Beautiful flower, love the softness of the petals contrasting with the boldness of the leaves.
Thank you for sharing at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

maria f. said...

So beautiful.

CinnamonSally said...

Very pretty Dawn.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a serene, elegantly beautiful design. So timeless and lovely.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Ms. Tamp said...

Wonderful stamping and beautiful ink blending around.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is beautiful Dawn. I love the soft buttercream hues. Your colouring is gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Betty said...

just so lovely - looks like a winner to me!

Greta said...

Wonderful use of the inspiration photo, Dawn!

creationsnz said...

Great take and great sentiment Dawn. Hang on to it! CarolG

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely beautiful card Dawn!