Saturday 29 February 2020

Take a Leap at Sweet Stampin' Challenge

This year is a leap year so today our challenge at Sweet Stampin' is "Take A Leap"


This is a very open theme...(interpret it how you want - use kangaroos, frogs, leaping in puddles, proposals of marriage, something that only happens every 4 years....you get the idea!)


So how did I interpret this theme?

 Yes... I chose to use a frog jumping out of the lake....

I used a stamp, stencil and die set that came with a magazine a couple of years ago.... I used the stencil with some blue inks to make a background, added some reeds and lightly sponged the lake.  Used some blue card to cut out splash and sponged some darker ink around the edges.  I did the same with the little splashes.  I stamped the frog onto some green cards and used some green markers to add some shading.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card and fussy cut it out

I thought my little grandson would love this card so I've sent it off to him. 

Over at Daring Cardmakers the challenge is also "Take a Flying Leap" so I'm entering this there.


I'm also entering this into the Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

That set is a great one for children's cards - i have used it several times.
Love how you have used it here Dawn - a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

What a fun card! Love that froggie. CarolG

Greta said...

Such a fun card that I'm sure Archie will love!

Miri said...

That's a cute card! The water in the lake and the drops look amazing. And I love it that you already sent off the card to someone special!
Thanks for sharing your creation with the Daring Cardmakers this week.