Monday 17 February 2020

Watercolour florals - using a halftone stamp set

Hi.  Today I am sharing a card I made with one of my latest stamps set I've purchased.  I was lucky to win a gift voucher for Altenew so got a few stamp sets... one being Watercolor Halftone.  It intrigued me with it's variation already build into the stamp set.  There were lots of inspiring samples on the blog hop -

So here is a quick card I made using my MISTI to help me stamp the image.   I saw someone do this with the colours I used, but can't find it now...

I used some textured card stock to stamp onto.  I added colours with the little ink pads and blended with a blender brush.  I did a lot of adding colours - three pinks and a bit of purple and two greens.   The textured card stock gives it the look of being on canvas.  I mounted the panel onto some magenta card and then used the same card to add the white embossed sentiment to the middle.  No other embellishments were needed.  The base card is 5" square.

I'm adding this to the "Add Leaves" challenge at The Flower Challenge.  Luckily the leaves are part of the flower bouquet.  

Thanks for visiting today. 

4 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty and soft in those colors, Dawn!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love the shimmer look on this pretty flowers even if you didn't add any. You are correct, the paper makes it look like they were painted on canvas.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

Greta said...

Such a unique look--beautiful!

creationsnz said...

Exquisite Dawn, and lovely colours too. CarolG