Sunday 16 February 2020

Double Point card.

February's challenge at my NZ Swap group was a Double Point card.  I have to admit to not knowing what this technique was, so as Val suggested, I used pinterest and You Tube to find the answer.  And boy is it a gorgeous card to make...

I chose to add my double point card to a base, so it was easy to stay stable.   I did have a few issues... a bit of finagling to set it all to fit together.  Made a boo boo on the top layer under the opening...hence there being three layers instead of two.  Still I bet if I hadn't told you, you wouldn't have noticed.  The oval is a Spellbinders one (Floral Ovals), as is the white oval (Classic Ovals).  I added a rose bud from Altenew Peony Bouquet.  The sentiment is from Altenew Beautiful Day set.   My PP is from a pack with some gold foiled card. 


Here it is opened.... The flowers are from the Beautiful Days set and the sentiment from Kaisercraft,  

And I even decorated the inside of the base card. 

I got my ideas from two different bloggers and their videos

Thanks for stopping by... I've had a great weekend playing with new stamps - made three cards for my Altenew Swap on Facebook but can't share until the recipients get their cards.  One to Iceland, one to US and one to Australia...  

5 comments:

Suze said...

That's a lovely take on the challenge Dawn. I hadn't heard of this fold either but thoroughly enjoyed creating one. I can see me using this fold again in the future, perhaps with a base card as you did.

CinnamonSally said...

Never heard of this fold will have to investigate, Gorgeous card Dawn.

Betty said...

what an interesting technique and such a beautiful card you made with it!

creationsnz said...

I was the lucky one to receive this - it is gorgeous with the lovely gold touches and beautiful colouring. Thanks Dawn! CarolG

Greta said...

Wow--that's a stunner!