Saturday 28 March 2020

Keep Calm and Be Kind

What a place the world is now... How would have ever imagined this could happen. 

Yesterday my package from Krafters Cart arrived - I needed some new Momento Tuxedo black ink so popped in a stamp set too... by Clearly Besotted called Say Something  I manged to get the last one in stock.  When I opened the stamp set, the sentiment Keep Calm and Be Kind, jumped off the sheet at me!  I didn't even notice it was in the set when I was ordering,  I just loved the font and wanted some different sentiments.... how fortuitous it was - perfect for the times....

I've done two cards....
First one I did paired the sentiment with an Altenew flower and some of their new washi tape

 I did this one last night - using Simple Beauty in Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss for the larger flower and Coral Bliss, Heart Beat for the smaller one.  I added the sentiment and washi plus a few clear gems and added to a pink base.  I'm going to walk up the road and drop it in my elderly neighbour's letter box to give her some positive encouragement.

This afternoon, I watched a live FB class from a NZ based company called Caftables.  Paula, the owner, had made kits which were sent out earlier in the week.  I didn't get the kit but loved her design elements so did some improvising. 

I used a die to make my oval centre and then embossed the panel.  Paula used the most incredible Poppy flowers which were die cut and then layered up to give a 3D effect, but I went with something a bit simpler.  I used a Hero Arts flower that was sitting on my desk (Night and Day Flower)  I stamped the black outline and then used Altenew Alcohol markers in Crimson and Velvet to add colour to the flowers.  A couple of green Spectrum Noir markers were used for the leaves and branches.   I white embossed the sentiment on to the same red card I used to mat the centre panel. 

So how is everyone going at self isolating/quarantining/being in lock down.... First week of working from home for me has gone okay.  I managed to do my hours each day and not get too stressed out.  Our team had a MS Teams meeting every morning to talk about what the work was like, how we were coping and generally chatting to each other.   During the day we would chat on Teams, use our teams Whats App and sent each other photos of our pets, our lunches, or families... anything to stay in touch really.   All that working didn't give me much time to craft though (insert sad face) so I'll be making up for it this weekend.  

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what fabulous cards Dawn 0 I love the second one in particular.
I am finding things tough going some days, and easier others... being a sociable person this clipping of my wings has been a bit hard :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

That is a great sentiment for these times, Dawn! And you showcased your new goodies beautifully. Love the embossing on the 2nd card and your beautiful spray of red posies.

You sound like you're adjusting nicely to lock down; hopefully we'll all settle in and may even find something about it to enjoy. Sending hugs across the miles!

Betty said...

two such pretty cards, Dawn - and good to hear you are doing ok during the lockdown - take care

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Dawn - especially love the one with the thin red frame. Really sets off the black & white nicely! Take care and glad you working well from home!

creationsnz said...

BOth cards are super Dawn, my fave is the first one. You do such great flowers! CarolG

Greta said...

Absolutely love your cards, Dawn! The coloring & designs are just beautiful! Glad work is going OK. Just wish the whole world--at least our whole country!!--would stay home & save lives. Thank goodness for blog friends & cardmaking to take my mind off reality!