Sunday 8 March 2020

More Altenew Inspiration.

I'm back with some more cards inspired by Altenew.... two cards inspired by Altenew Designers.

First up - Inspired by Lydia - and her video HERE.
Lydia used Watercolour Roses for an easy watercolour look - I was inspired by her design as well as no line colouring.

I've used Rennie Rose stamp set and used Vanilla Cream ink to stamp the flowers and leaves onto some watercolour paper.  I used Altenew 36 pan watercolour paints to colour the images.   I added a bold sentiment from the Hello Gorgeous set stamped in Obsidian black ink.   A few pink sequins to finish.

I'm adding this to The Flower Challenge this month.  - Anything Goes 

My second card was inspired by Amber in her first Colour Combination video - HERE,.

Amber made a gorgeous card using Frayed Leaf, Wisteria and Iceberg inks.  She used a layering stamp and left off the first layer.   I tried that, but as my stamp (Simple Beauty) only has two layers, I did add the first layer.   My stamp is still fairly new and the Wisteria ink beaded up a little but I love the look it gave the flower.  I also was inspired by Amber using the blue on top of the green to give a different look to the leaves.   I added some dark purple splatters with some ink spray and finished with a sentiment from Classic Beauty set.  I matted with some pale blue card and then onto a white card base.   I am adding this one to the Altenew Monthly Challenge

Thanks for stopping by.  I had a fun weekend making beautiful flower cards. 

9 comments:

Betty said...

WOW!! two amazing cards, Dawn - love them both!

Greta said...

These are so beautiful, Dawn! I'm especially drawn to the second one--love everything about it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn these are stunning - love the blue flower especially. Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend creating flowers :)
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Elegant and fabulous Dawn. Both these cards are stunning hun. Truly gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Cindy C. said...

Both so pretty!!

Erum Tasneem said...

Absolutely fantabulous cards!!
Thank you for linking this to the Altenew Educator's Blog Hop and Linky Party!

creationsnz said...

Love both of them - totally beautiful! CarolG

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards, thanks for sharing one with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Nicole said...

Beautiful card!