Saturday 7 March 2020

Inpsired by Altenew Educators Blog hop...

I've been following along the blog hop by the Altenew Educators... Here..  So totally amazing inspiration and there is a Linky Party so you can share your "For the Love of Flowers".

I also, this week saw a fabulous technique by the incredible Laura Bassen (you can see her Youtube here)- using Distress Oxides, a stencil and some white pigment ink.   So together these two inspired me to create a card or two!

CARD 1;
For this one I used Distress Oxide inks in a variety of greens with a little touch of blue to add some blending on the background.  I then took the Altenew stencil - Rose Bouquet and used Colorbox Frosh White pigment ink and a blending tool to pounce the ink.  Added a little stamped sentiment from Best Sentiments ( the little gift from Altenew a while back)   I added some Lucy's Little Things Ice Cube jewels.

So I was wondering if this technique would work with Altenew Dye inks as I didn't have the colours I wanted to use in DO inks.  I was looking at the Altenew March challenge

 so onto
CARD 2:

And I'm happy to say the Altenew inks were a moderate success.  Next time I would try some slightly darker inks.... but still really happy with the results I got.   I used some Fresh Leaf, Ultra Violet and Persian Blue inks to blend before adding the white pigment.  I added some splatters with the white ink and Andromeda inks.  Sentiment is from the same set as the first card.

Both cards are being added to the Linky Party and the second one to the monthly challenge.    I LOVE my Altenew flowers so will be doing some more over the weekend I'm sure.

I'm also adding the second card to the Anything Goes challenge at The Flower Challenge



Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Betty said...

two fantastic cards, Dawn - I saw Laura's post too and want to give that technique a try - you did it with wonderful success!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Dawn, these are stunning - that flower is so big and bold and gorgeous used like this
Blessings
Maxine

Ruth G said...

Very pretty cards! Thanks so much for sharing!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that is gorgeous. Two very elegant designs hun, the white on kraft is so striking! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Erum Tasneem said...

So so so awesome!
Thank you for linking this to the Altenew Educator's Blog Hop and Linky Party!

Ericka Strange said...

Great card and I love the stencil look with the colors in the background. Great job and thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

creationsnz said...

Love that bold look and again more gorgeous flowers. CarolG

Nicole said...

Pretty! Love the pretty flowers on Kraft!