Friday 10 April 2020

Blessings

Happy Easter to you all..

I'm looking forward to to having a quiet Easter.  We are half way through our four week lock-down here in NZ - it seems to be working as yesterday we had the least number of new cases.  The number has been going down over the past days.   Being home alone might not be easy, but it does save lives.

Over the past couple of evenings  I have been working on a card.  It's another one the I did following a tutorial by Paula from Craftables.   As I've said before, Paula's cards are shabby chic.  I really wanted to try out some different techniques so challenged myself to make this one.

I found some grey wood like paper to make my background.  For the brown woodgrain paper I took some kraft card and ran Vintage Photo distress ink down it.  Really happy how it turned out.  For my flowers I used two pink and and three purple flowers that I had made using Foamarin.   I die cut some green card with a Spellbinders rose leave die and sprayed them with water and scrunched them.  Once they dried, I unfolded them to add to my arrangement.  I had added muslin and thread directly to the brown card layers and then the flowers and leaves.  I stamped the sentiment from an old Stamp It! set onto some white card and trimmed it before mounting to black card.

This is my Easter card to you all..

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Dawn, shabby chic at its finest!! Just love your flowers with the scrunched leaves - I'll have to try that one. Your flowers look great against the woodgrain paper. Easter blessings to you too!!

Suze said...

This is really pretty Dawn. I like your Foamarin flowers. Numbers went back up again today but hopefully that will just be a small glitch.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Dawn this is stunning - love the way you have assembled the flowers over the wonderful gauze and string and the touch of brown wood paneling.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

What a pretty mix, Dawn - love how this turned out!

Betty said...

A+ on shabby chic!! that bit of muslin is the perfect accent for your pretty flower!

Greta said...

Wow--this is just gorgeous, Dawn! Love the flowers you made & this card!