Monday 13 April 2020

Easter card for Archie

Hi there. I'm sharing my card for Archie...  I sent it early, but even so, with the COVID 19 it sill hasn't arrived.   I'm sure it will get there sometime.


I printed out the Bunny image (not 100% sure who produced this one) that I have in my files. I added the sentiment with the computer.  I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the image.  Then some simple layering and it was all done.

I saw some little videos Archie made, thanking me for getting the Easter Bunny to come from NZ to drop off an Easter Egg in a mug for him.  He was supposed to be here to celebrate Easter with me and next weekend have a birthday party with Nanny and Pop, Uncle Kieran and Aunty Erin and baby Grace.  He turns 4 on the 20th so was going to celebrate his birthday here in NZ.  But alas, COVID-19 stuck and we have to  just have a virtual party for him. 

I also got to have a wee video call with my son and Grace.  She is now 11 months old and taking a few steps.  Was nice to see her on the call.  She kept trying to touch me on the screen.  So precious.



Hope you have all had a safe Easter and been able to connect with family via the internet if you are quarantined/in lockdown and can't be with them.

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet card, Dawn, and I'm sure you're missing the grands!! Just love your bunny with the load of colorful eggs!!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a sweet card Dawn. What would we do without technology at this time, so clever all these video chats. Its my hubby and sons birthday on 19th and we are also having a virtual party!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card for Archie, Dawn - all these plans that have gone south with this darn virus! It's hard to be away from our grandies... video calls etc are good, but nothing is quite as sweet as a grandies cuddle.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

what a cute card for Archie - bet he loved it - isn't technology wonderful for keeping touch with family!!

Greta said...

So sad you can't be hugging your sweet grandkids & enjoying your family in person. But the good news is none of them are sick, so that's what we have to remember. Thankfully you can see each other with technology. Archie's card is darling with that big, funny Easter Bunny!