Sunday 12 April 2020

Inspired by Virginia...

My crafty bloggy friend, Virginia, was up on the Altenew website yesterday with a great idea for using nesting dies to create a frame.  Of course, she used an Altenew die to make her frames, but as I don't have any, but have a LOT of Spellbinders nesting dies, I was inspired to make a frame.   I wanted to try some challenging colours for me as well.... Green and orange!

 I found a Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose stamp set that I hadn't opened.... I've had it for a year or more, but it was tucked away with some other stamping stuff and hadn't seen the light of day!  For some reason, orange roses came to mind... so I stamped the flower ad leaf layers with some Catherine Pooler Orange Twist ink and Eucalyptus ink.   I used my Scan'n'Cut to cut out the flowers and the leaves.  (since ordered the matching die as I'm sure it will be easier to use). I used a dauber to colour them all in in the same inks. I have the Heartfelt Creations basic 3D shaping mold so used that to add the texture to the petals.  I used the smaller dies to make my rose.

You can see the dimension of the rose in this picture.

Once the rose had dried I rubbed on soem Opal Dust (gel glitter).  I cut my frame from Spellbinders Labels Four nestibilities from some green watercoloured looking patterned paper and then used the Eucalyptus ink to sponge around the edges to give it some dimension.  I did the same with the panel it was mounted on.  I also used the same ink to add some interest in the centre of the card using a TCW stencil called Mini Beaded Curtain.  I added a sentiment from Altenew's Sincere Sentiments set and finished with some flat gold sequins topped with a dot of Ivory Seashell Nuvo drops.

Big thanks to Virginia for reminding me about making frames with nesting dies.  And because Virginia inspired me I'm adding this to her Show and Share for April.

Click HERE to Link up

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter Sunday


6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Hallelujah, He is risen indeed!!
What an exquisite card Dawn - love the green and orange in the tones you have chosen, and that dimensional flower is amazing, and beautiful.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely card Dawn! I love the pretty orange rose and the frame and the way you have the tendrils weaving through it. Vicky x

Betty said...

realize you day is almost over Dawn but still a joyous Easter to you - and such a lovely card!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a beautiful sentiment. Love card design too hun. Hope you've had a beautiful Easter Dawn. Thinking of you hun and sending hugs xoxo

Greta said...

Hope you enjoyed Easter in spite of the lockdown, Dawn. Your rose is stunning & orange isn't even a color I'm fond of!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your rendition of my design! Truly gorgeous, Dawn! I love the colors and use of "frame", of course! It makes me so happy to see that you are totally inspired! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!