Sunday 5 April 2020

Playing the Piano...

Hi there... well I wish I could play the piano.... I know the notes and keys but I simply can't read music smoothly... Anyway today's card I'm sharing is a Piano Card.   This came about as a NZ based craft store - Craftables has been having a bit of an online card classes and has provided the instructions for some of it's kits - not the full kit, just the instructions for around $5 each.  I have been watching some of Paula's classes and decided I wanted to try the Piano Kit - so purchased it.  As it did not have all the papers etc, I improvised with what I could find in my stash.  (Believe me I have TONS of patterned papers so wasn't hard to find something suitable)

So here it is....


I found some flocked PP from a Die Cuts With A View pad.  I used the template to cut the 5" x 5" black card to size and then added the flocking to the top panel.  I added the white and black keys below the top bit.   Next I did the inside

I printed off some vintage music paper I had in my computer and trimmed it to fit inside.  Added a white piece on the other side of the lid so you can write your message.  Then I added the little leg that held it open.  Once all that was done, it was time to decorate the top. I found some flowers in my drawer and added with some die cut stems and leaves.  Added a ribbon and the little clef trinket.   Not my usual CAS style but nice to challenge myself with something a bit different.   Paula's classes are very chabby chic - both her card classes and her scrapbook layout classes.  You'll probably see a few more of these shabby chic cards coming up. 

Thanks for stopping by.   I'm getting a few cards done for upcoming DT work, so enjoying some crafting today 

5 comments:

Betty said...

WOW - what a neat card, Dawn!!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a super card! Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

this is such a fabulous shape Dawn, and you have made a stunning card with it - love the music paper inside.
Enjoy your crafty time
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous piano card, Dawn - especially love all the flowers decorating it!!

Greta said...

So creative & beautiful, Dawn! This is amazing!