Saturday 9 May 2020

Spring Stamp Camp 2 - Homework Days 1 and 2





I'm taking part in the Spring Card Camp 2.  20 days of classes.  Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner have organised a whole lot of artists to inspire us.

Here's my home work for Day 1 and Day 2

DAY 1 -MASKING

I made two cards for Day 1


I used a the negative potion of a circle die as a mask to start by blending Distress Oxides in Evergree, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio.  I then used some Emerald Altenew ink to stamp the little images from Winnie and Walter "Big Bang Bling"   I decided to trim it down to fit a 4.5" square card.  The die sentiment is from Winner and Walter as well.  I finished with a white embossed sentiment from Say Something by Clearly Besotted and some silver sequins.

My second card was totally inspire by Kristina - where she used her computer to print out a letter and cut around it to make a mask.   I used a G - for Grace.


I added the mask to my card and blended the background with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide.  I then used Altenew Coral Bliss and Heartbeat for the roses and Lagoon and Emerald for the leaves.    I added the rest of Grace's name and the Happy Birthday from two different Rosie's Studio sets.  

DAY 2 - STRIPES

Day two Jennifer used masking to make stripes on her cards - one of which was diagonal stripes and Angelica Conrad used stamps to make her striped backgrounds.   I made a card that combined the two ideas... diagonal stamping


To make my stripes I used a Winnie and Walter set "Scenery - Stripes" It has a lot of different sizes and styles of stripes.  I used 8 different inks from Altenew's Enchanted Garden and Shades of Purple  inks sets to make my striped background.   I CASE'd Jennifer's idea of stamping a line art flower in the corner.  I used the smaller of the flowers in Altenew's Hello Gorgeous set.   The sentiment was made up of the die and sentiment from a Catherine Pooler/Casual Friday set called All About You.    A few clear gems from Lucy's Little Things finished off the card,

Now it's time to check out Day 3 - Dry Embossing with Stencils. 

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your cards, Dawn! Looks like a fun class, Jo x

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Dawn - looks like a great class to keep one inspired with good ideas!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn what fabulous cards - love Grace's card in particular!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Elegant gorgeousness! LOVE this hun xoxo

creationsnz said...

Looks like a great class Dawn (I don't know where you find out about stuff like this), with great results - your cards are stunning. CarolG

Greta said...

Looks like you're having fun in class! I especially love that last card--great design & so pretty!