Friday 26 June 2020

No Blending Copic colouring

I recently watched Yana Smakula doing a video for Simon Says Stamp on a technique she called No Blending Copic colouring.  I have a few Copics... but many need replacing or refilling so I struggled with finding some colours that went together to try this out.  I did lots of practising to find some colours that worked
No photo description available.

You can see different combos - but in the corner you can see the colours I chose.

I used a digi stamp from Rachel Vass Designs.  My blogger friend Cindy Chiu is s designer for Rachel and got me onto her designs.   This one is called Springtime Background   I added some Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the centres and around the side and bottom of the sentiment.  It was part of the digi set so I added it before printing.  Added some dark grey pen around the sides.  I used black pen to colour the spaces on the image.  

I just love this image and have also got more Rachel Vass's designs.  Look out for some more in August for Die Cut Divas where Rachel is our sponsor!  I'm sure by then I will have a few more images.  Her flowers are stunning.  

Looking forward to spending some time crafting this weekend.  The forecast is for wintery rain and wind, so best place to be will be in the craft space!  This week I moved my old TV into the space so I could work there on the days I'm working from home..  More time in the office now.  This week Mon- Wed in the office and Thurs - Fri at home... which worked well as we had two meeting with the kitchen designers.  We are down to two now... both different designs.  One a bit cheaper and the other one a bit more high end and a bit more expensive.  Not too sure which we will go for, but did love the second one where the over bench pantry doors are a wood veneer.  It looks stunning and I think will be worth the extra cost.    Hopefully by end of next week we will make our decision.    Exciting if somewhat scary on how much the whole thing is going to cost!

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Dawn, and great use with the copics, and I do love the big bold florals in the image.
I can understand with the renovations and the cost... I am having to have the bathroom/toilet re-done - even to half the floor being lifted, due to a slow leak. It's a slow job, and there are numerous decisions needing to be made.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Wow beautiful card Dawn, you have mastered this technique so well .

Lin said...

This technique looks like fun - love how your turned out, Dawn, bold and stunning!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a bold look and you've chosen great colors, Dawn! Just love the big flowers with their shimmery centers!! Enjoy your remodeling!!

Betty said...

beautiful!! this is such a fun and easy technique and looks fantastic! and go for the kitchen you love whatever the cost - you only go around once!!

creationsnz said...

Another great result, I like this effect. CarolG

Greta said...

Remodeling is always challenging, but fun when it's all done to have a new look! Great job with Yana's technique, Dawn! I've practiced a little, but need to pick a different image, I think.

Suze said...

This is cool Dawn. When I can find some time to have a play, I am going to give this a go.