Sunday 28 June 2020

Quick and Simple Cards - Altenew Academy class.

Over the last week, I took part in Altenew Academy class "Quick and Simple Cards"  Laurie Willison was our tutor and she took us through 5 days of videos with ideas for making quick and simple but delightful cards.   Over the weekend I managed to get homework done for Day 1 and Day 2







































Our first video showed us a way of making a lot of sentiment stripes so that's the first thing I did... make a pile of sentiments and am keeping them in a magic mug (a la Laurel Beard) I used some green striped paper from Altenew's A Love for Stripes Pack A with some Starry Flowers.  I stamped these with Obsidian ink and fussy cut out.  Three sentiment stripes were added and because what card is finished without a gem or two, I added some faceted black ones. 


Day 2 was used some masking with stenciling.  I don't have many Altenew stencils so used one I had picked up last week at K-Mart.  It a Mandala stencil.  I used Coral Berry and Heart Beat inks to use with the stencil and then after removing the stencil I added some Pink Pearl so I would have some distinct lines.  I removed the washi tape I had used to mask my panel and then stamped the leaves from Altenew's Wallpaper Art stamp set.   I then stamped one of the flowers with Obsidian ink and fussy cut.    I added one of the sentiment stripes I made.

I have done part of my Day 3 homework, but due to not having suitable Altenew stamps I have used a Hero Arts stamp.  I'll get it finished sometime over this coming week. 

It's been a wintery weekend but this morning was quite nice so hubby and I went out for a big walk.  We left home just before 9.00am and after about an hour 5 minutes stopped at Murrays Bay (500 metres from home) and had brunch at the local café before walking the last bit home. It started spitting on the way home but we didn't get too wet.  I felt energised after the walk. 

Back into the office this week as I'm rostered to be at our Front of House public access again. 

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with the black sentiment strips, Dawn! Just love what you did with the outline flowers too - they really stand out on your backgrounds! Pretty stencil with the silhouette on card two!!

Betty said...

two fantastic cards, Dawm - love both of them - would be difficult to chose a favaorite!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning work Dawn - loving the striped one in particular!
That sounds like a wonderful walk, with a great finish! Hope work goes well for you this week.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Both super cards Dawn, love 'em both. CarolG

Greta said...

Great you could take the walk & even stop at a cafe! Not sure we'll ever feel safe eating out again. So great NZ dealt with the virus quickly rather than denying the problem! I've watched all the videos, but no homework done. Luckily no deadline--haha!