Friday 21 August 2020

Dotty colouring

I recently saw a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire doing a colouring technique called Dot colouring.  In art this is called Pointillism.  I have seen a few examples throughout the internet.  

Here is my take on this technique.  


I took Altenew Nature Blossoms and stamped the outline layer of both flowers and leaves.  I used the matching stencil/mask and using the stencil sponged on Chamomile and Coral Bliss inks for the flowers and Frayed Leaf for the leaves.  Next I took Altenew Alcohol markers for the flowers and did my dots in three tones of the pinks and yellows and two browns for the centres.  I used Spectrum Noir markers for the leaves.  I then die cut them all with the matching dies.  The pink striped paper is from Altenew A Love for Stripes Pack A.  I added two thin stripes of a darker red card.  I added a sentiment from Fresh Fressia stamp set before added the flowers and leaves.   I have to say I enjoyed this way of colouring.  

Well a full week of working from home is done.  This morning I had to shut myself in my space as the workmen were here to lay the wooden flooring.  Luckily under Alert Level 3 lockdown, construction can still take place.  So we kept our distance while they were here.  The flooring looks amazing and we are really happy with the results.  Next Thursday the kitchen installation begins.  Hope in another 2-3 weeks it will all be finished.  The stone bench takes a bit longer to get in. 

Take care all.

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Dawn, your dotty flower cluster looks amazing!! Just love the colors you chose and your dots look great! So pretty on the striped partial background!!

Betty said...

what a great idea to use the "dotty" look for shading on your flowers - lovely!!

Greta said...

Just love the look of your dot coloring, Dawn! Glad the remodel is progressing! Stay safe!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow love the dotty look to your flowers Dawn, such a fun technique.