Thursday 20 August 2020

WWC 285- Karen's Challenge: Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist

Time for the latest challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.  Karen is our hostess with An Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist.



My card today is one that I was commissioned to make for a work colleague.  Her son was 40 last month.  She wanted 40 on it with his name.  And told me he likes golf.


So pulled out my go-to stamp set "For the Boys" which was a freebie a few years back with Issue 26 of Cardmaking in Easy Steps.  It was published in 2018 and the stamp set is full of good masculine cards and the magazine is full of ideas.   There were also a few pages of papers too.  I took some of the papers to make the circles with a Spellbinders die.  I used the Happy Birthday stamp and cut it in half so I could insert the little 40 die cut (from a Mama Elephant die set).  I then selectively inked the "th" in the birthday sentiment to add the "th" to the number. I also used the Mama Elephant dies to cut out the letters for his name.  I stamped the golf bag and then used my Scan'N'Cut to cut it out. 


Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 11.00 am NZ time ) to link up your project.

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love this, Dawn! Great mix of golfing papers withe the image, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great card for a guy, Dawn! Just love the golf clubs atop the three circles!! Cool name for a guy too and I love how you showcased it in bold lettering!!

Tristan said...

Fab card Dawn. Love the circle layers and I bet your work colleague loved it for her son.

Michelle W said...

Great card for any golf lover!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Dawn - your paper choice is perfect, and I love the circles as the background.
I have that set have used various elements in it repeatedly, it's sucha great one
Stay safe
Blssings
Maxine

Greta said...

Love the papers & design--great card!

Helen said...

A perfect masculine card, Dawn! My husband would love this one!! Love the design and choice of designer papers! Hope all is well with you and your family! :)