Thursday 10 September 2020

WWC 288 - Kath's Challenge - All About Occasions

Hi there.... It's time for the weekly challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.  Today it's Kath who is our hostess with an All About Occasions challenge. 


Today I am sharing my Dad's birthday card.   His birthday is the 10th (which it is already here in NZ)


While in lockdown in Mar- May my friend and I did an order from Altenew.  The original package got lost  but Altenew were awesome and send the order again.  One of the items I had ordered was the Happy Birthday to you stamp set and the Treble Love die set.  It's been tucked away in the drawer since but I pulled it out to make Dad's birthday card.   This one was inspired by the awesome Virginia Lu.   I stamped the lines of music in Obsidian ink and then stamped the words in Heartbeat ink.  I trimmed down the panel and added it to a card which I had covered with some grey and gold starred paper.  I used black card to die cut the G-Clef and used a scrap that I had added the Heartbeat ink on to cut out the heart.  I added some Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the heart. 

I also decorated the inside of the card


The DAD is from a Newton's Nook set called Winston's BBQ.    I did a little stamp surgery on the Altenew sentiment to get it to fit. 

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 11.00 am NZ time ) to link up your project.




6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous bday card for your dad, Dawn!! Just love how you took inspiration from Virginia and made the fun song on the front with the heart treble clef!! Cute inside too!!

Tristan said...

Great birthday card Dawn. Love the pops of red for the song words.

Betty said...

wonderful card, Dawn - don't even remember ever seeing this set from Altenew - anyway perfect card for Dad!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow love this card you ,made for your dad Dawn, perfect masculine design.

Helen said...

What a super card, Dawn!! So striking with the black, white and red!! Love the design and I'm sure it brought a smile to your Dad. Love it! Take care! :)

Greta said...

The perfect card for your dad, Dawn! Love the black & red color combo & the treble with a heart!