Friday 16 October 2020

A Pink Christmas

 Hi there.  The current challenge at Christmas Kickstart is "A Pink Christmas"   I did some Pink Christmas cards last year with some pretty patterned paper I purchased, but for my card today I CASED a card I recently received from my NZ swap friend, Carol.  Our challenge was to use a white die cut... I'll show her card after I show mine...

I smooshed some Altenew Fuchsia ink onto my craft mat and completely covered my panel with the ink.  I then took another panel and picked up what was left on the mat.  This gave me the pretty background that looks like clouds.  I used Cottage Cutz Stitched ovals to make my frames.  I die cut the Poinsettia with a Spellbinders die from the centre of the full panel of ink, before using it as the matting.  Waste not, want not!  I layered the flowers together and added some Soft Pink rhinestones to the centre and on the frames.    The sentiment was stamped with Magenta Ink (Altenew) with a stamp that was a free one several Christmas ago.  Love the scripty writing.

And here is the card I got from Carol. 


 Isn't it stunning.  You can see why it inspired me.  

Thanks for stopping by today.   Hope you all are well and coping with how the world is spinning at the moment.   I'm looking forward to a fun full weekend starting with the a family takeaway dinner tonight for hubby's birthday (today) and then up to spend the night at our friends up north and then on Sunday a quick trip back to Auckland so we can go to the Test between the All Blacks and the Australian rugby team.  Lucky to get given some tickets to a corporate box to watch the game. 


8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

LOVING your CASE of Carol's card - that is amazing!!
Enjoy your weekend - sounds as though it will be pretty full on, but a lot of fun.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

gorgeous card, Dawn - love all the pink smooshing - gives such a great background for your poinsettia - have a fun weekend!

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! What a super card, Dawn. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning pink poinsettia, Dawn, and I love the smooshed background and oval frames too!!

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful I love the watercolour effect so soft and pretty, thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge hugs Pops x

Helen said...

I love the pink for a Christmas card, Dawn! A perfect CAS(E) card! Just beautiful! Take care! :)

creationsnz said...

Your card is gorgeous Dawn, so glad you CASEd it to show me. CarolG

Greta said...

I sure can see why that card inspired you & you did her proud! Love both cards & now I want to case you! Glad things must be better in New Zealand. Cases rising here & can't imagine when we can do any visiting or attend any events. 19 high school kids got together without masks & now schools are completely closed again.