Thursday 17 December 2020

Let's Squash It... use Embossing folder and dies

 


Last year I bought a Sizzix emboss and cut set( See it here)  and I haven't used.  So challenge 3 at Let's Squash It got me thinking it was time to break it out.  

I was inspired by the picture on the packaging


I used some grey Altenew ink to add ink to the folder before running it through my Cuttlebug.  I then inked up the window opening.  I then die cut all the little flowers and leaves from white card and used blending brushes and variety of Altenew inks to colour them up.  Added a little Happy Birthday sentiment from a Whimsy stamp set sitting on my desk.  Perfect size!

I am entering this into the latest challenge at The Flower Challenge... use embellishments - I have added little silver gems to the flower centres.



Thanks to my blog friend Linda. I am adding this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge seeing as how this is the first time using this emboss and cut folder.   


Christmas is nearly here so it was fun to make a non-Christmas card. 

Take care out there people!


8 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

such a pretty card Dawn.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous window with the stones - love it, Dawn!! You should add it to the NBUS challenge since newly used:
https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2020/12/nbus-challenge-21.html

Betty said...

lovely card, Dawn - looks like a perfect card for spring (even tho you're going to into fall soon).

Dotty Jo said...

How pretty! Love how you've put this together, Dawn, it looks lovely. Thanks for linking to us at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Darnell said...

WoW! What a cool die that both cuts and embosses. I love how you used it, Dawn, to create your beautiful garden wall birthday design! It is a nice break from Christmas cards! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS and thank you to Linda for encouraging you to enter! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

What a fun little scene with the window! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas & a better 2021!

TaeEun said...

That is an awesome set to create a pretty scene! Love the pretty flowers and the little butterfly and the bee which make me think of Spring time! Thank you so much for playing along at The Flower Challenge!

creationsnz said...

Totally love these flower spilling out. SO glad you're getting a good break from work. CarolG