Wednesday 23 December 2020

Using wrapping paper on your card

 Hi there.  Since lockdown I have been watching Gina K doing her FB and You Tube lives.  She is very inspiring.  I don't have many Gina K products but managed to get her Master Layouts  1,2 & 3.   Yesterday Gina made cards using Christmas Wrapping paper.  I thought I'd give it a go as I have some scrappy pieces of paper left from wrapping presents. 


I used Spellbinders dies to cut out the Santa from the paper and added it to a scalloped red circle.  I used Master Layouts 3 to make the white and red layers.  Gina used her score board to add texture and I did the same.  The flag die cut is also from the same die set.  The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz set.   I wish I had thought to do this earlier!  



Today was my last day at work for the next 2 and bit weeks.  Back to the office on the 11th January.  Totally need a break after the tumultuous year that has been 2020.  Take care all my friends.  


5 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card with the wrapping paper Dawn. Hope you have a relaxing break. Happy Christmas and Happy New Year Hugs Sallyx

Betty said...

great idea to use wrapping paper - and your card is wonderful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your Santa wrapping paper and he makes a great focal point to your fun card, Dawn! Merry Christmas wishes to you and yours!!

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful, Dawn! Love the retro-look of your Santa. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Greta said...

Great card--love the scored background, Dawn!