Sunday 21 February 2021

Inspired by Gina K....

 I have been watching Gina K's lives on Facebook for a while now.  She is very inspiring.  I don't own many Gina K stamps but do have her Master Layouts 1, 2 and 3 - with #4 on it's way.   On Friday (NZ time) her live was a technique using rubber bands on a block to make plaid.  I loved the idea so used my own supplies to CASE her cards. 


For my first card I did a diagonal plaid using Altenew Ocean Waves and Lime inks and three rubberbands of different widths.  I used Altenew's Beautiful Day set to stamp my rose and leaves.  I attempted to colour with Prismacolor pencils and Mineral spirits - but it wasn't too successful - so added a few strokes of the pencils for dimension.  The oval's were cut from Cottage Cutz stitched ovals and the sentiment is from Altenew's Sweetest Peas set.  The panels were cut with Gina's Master Layouts 2.  I finished card with some holographic gems.

Card two - I made a plaid but the messed up the stripes so cut the panel down with the Master Layout 2 dies.  I found some pretty Patterned paper that went well with the plaid and the kraft card I used for the base.  This time I used the larger circle dies from Master Layouts 3.  The sentiment is from a Catherine Pooler set called Bloomin' Bouquet.  

I have a third card that I made after being inspired by a live from last week.  It's a sort of resist card,  


I am still waiting for the stamp set that Gina used, so again improvised.   I used a Hero Arts background stamp Flourish Background and white embossed it. I then cut it down to size with the Master Layouts.  I then used Altenew Sapphire ink to stamp the Altenew A Study in Watercolour stamp.  I white embossed a scrap and added the Sapphire ink directly to it before trimming to size .  I die cut the circles and added the sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays set Casual Elegance.  

Thanks for persevering through this long post.  I had fun trying out these different techniques.   

7 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely cards, Dawn, the blues and greens lift my heart. What a fun idea to use rubber bands for the plaid!

Betty said...

such wonderful cards, Dawn - must start watching Gina!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous Dawn, really love that plaid background you created with the rubber bands.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties, Dawn!! Especially love the plaids you created with the rubber bands!! And the blue/white card reminds me of high end china - gorgeous!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great work Dawn - I love trying new techniques too
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! Haven't done the rubber band technique in years & love how yours turned out! The last card is gorgeous!

creationsnz said...

Wow some great makes here Dawn. Love the plaid effect and the resist too. CarolG