Saturday 20 March 2021

2021 SPRING | SUMMER COFFEE LOVERS BLOG HOP!

 


Yes the Spring Summer Coffee Lovers Hop has started.  Now I'll just let you know I'm not a coffee lover - a Hot Chocolate Girl here.... but apparently I make a good cup of Joe... according to my hubby anyway!  

But I digress.... today I am sharing a card I've made for the Hop.  It's Iced Coffee - seeing it's a Spring/Summer Hop and because it's still very warm here in NZ.  Our temperature today has been up to 24C  (75F) ... currently 21C (70F) at 5.20pm - so Iced Coffee is suitable. 


I had forgotten I had this Tim Holtz Blueprint stamp until I had the set out the other day making a card.  This was one of 6 stamps in a Tim Holtz set made for Simon Says Stamptember in 2015!  I think I've used it once before...  I stamped it in Memento Black ink as I thought I was going to use Copics but decided instead to use Prismacolor and Jasart pencils. I also added some 2B graphic pencil smudged with a tortillon a la Nicole Watt.   I had masked off the sentiment in the first stamping and then just stamped it onto another piece of white card.  I used Gina K Master Layouts 2 to cut both the panel and my layers.  I used the bigger of the small panel dies and then used my Perfect Layers rule at 1/16th inch to cut the layer.  Somehow the die has now disappeared!   I'm sure it will turn up.  I used some kraft card to make the card base.  

Here's another view


I'm #196 on the hop.... so thanks if you have come to visit me.... thanks also to my regular viewers.  I much appreciate you stopping by.

Do go and have a look at the Hop.  It's amazing with some fabulous sponsors and prizes.  Who knows if you join in, you could be a winner!

12 comments:

Lisa :) said...

So cute!! I know how the missing dies goes happens to me all the time!!

Greta said...

Great card for the Coffee Hop, Dawn!

New Creations said...

Great coffee card!

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Great colors and design. perfect for the coffee hop.

Betty said...

great card, Dawn!

Chrissy said...

Great card Dawn, has a touch of masculinity to it, love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Celeste Goff said...

Love this pretty card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous design

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful the way you colored this blueprint of the cup.

creationsnz said...

I think our supplies live a life of their own when we are not watching, and other multiply like rabbits. A great card and image. CarolG

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looks good enough to drink, Dawn! Guess you don't have to be a coffee lover to make great coffee cards!!