Sunday 21 March 2021

Let's Squash It ! - Boxing Clever with Floral Embossing

 


A fun challenge this month.  - Great inspiration from Jo and Gail and their guest this month.  I have made a little 4" square red box -  



I used some red card to make my little box - the side is 1" tall and the lid is 3/4" tall.  I took some more of the red card and run it through my Cuttlebug with the folder.  It was one that came with a magazine a long time ago.  To make it stand out, I rubbed some white Color Box Frost White ink with a bit extra around the edges.  I punched the three flowers and then put them through the embossing folder as well to add texture. Hard to see in the photo, but looks great in real life.   The leaves were sitting in my scrap container from Christmas.  

Just a quick little box that I will use to add a gift for a friend's birthday.  

Hope your weekend is going well.  We did a big 7k walk this morning and ended up at the local Cafe for breakfast.  It was a stunning morning for walking - we did the pipeline along the between Campbells Bay Beach - Mairangi Bay Beach - to Murrays Bay Beach.  Always a good walk, then up the hill before coming back down to Murrays Bay and the Cafe.    Take care out there people.

9 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

It's a gorgeous little red box Dawn, the Frosty white ink looks great and brings out the lovely floral, and then finished of beautifully with the 3D flowers, thanks for joining in the fun at Let's Squash It!!, Robyn

CinnamonSally said...

Wow gorgeous little box Dawn.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful little box! So sweet and I love the colours and the flowers. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Betty said...

such a pretty little box, Dawn - and walk sounds wonderful!

Chrissy said...

Cute little red box Dawn, so tiny.love the embossing enhanced with the white, I need a good white ink pad, glad you had such a good walk I actually walked with my daughter yesterday with her two dogs, and gosh,I felt good after that and slept really well last night..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Angelnorth said...

Love the white highlghting on the pretty embossed florals, great box Dawn! The walk sounds lovely (as does being able to visit a cafe!)

Greta said...

So beautiful, Dawn!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous box and embossing Dawn. Love the white ink highlights. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your rich red box with the sweet flower cluster atop, Dawn!