Thursday 25 March 2021

WWC312 - Helen's Challenge: All About Occasions

 Hi there it's time for another challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week.  Helen is our hostess with an All About Occasions challenge, 



Today I have a slimline card to share. 

I had found some card bases at Spotlight that are slimline - for my panel I used rubberbands on a long block and some Altenew inks in soft pinks and purples.  I then stamped and layered the Our Friendship Blooms Stamp and Die - using the inked layers and also adding the base layer with the matching stencil before die cutting it out.   I also diecut the Deco frame from silver glitter card.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday 5th April at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 11.00 am NZ time ) to link up your project.

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful slimline card Dawn, love the rubber band background technique and gorgeous flowers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty. I LOVE that bloom over that gorgeous plaid. The addition of the silver frame is gorgeous.

Betty said...

love that bouquet on your slimline!

Greta said...

Perfect bouquet for a slimline card!

Cathy said...

Your rubber band technique made a fabulous background for those gorgeous blooms. Our Spotlight seems to carry less and less papercraft, so yours was a great find, Cathy x

Helen said...

A gorgeous card, Dawn! I love the lovely Deco frame with those beautiful flowers and clever background! I haven't heard of the rubber band technique for years!! Always good to be reminded of the old ideas. You did it perfectly. I don't remember mine ever looking that good! Stay safe! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab background with the rubber bands, Dawn and I love the glittery silver frame with your flower stems atop!!