Saturday 22 May 2021

Daisies in a Teacup - May CCC

 Hi there.  This is the card I made to send to Jo in England as part of the May CCC... Jo has now recieved it so I can share.   I haven't taken part in CCC for a while so it was fun to get a card away. 

You can check out what our challenge options were here

I chose the colour option and the tea and Friendship themes. 

The day before I made this card my Altenew order arrived and in it was Paint-a-flower Chamomile set.  It had this gorgous bouquet in a tea cup.  I had hoped that the stamp set would arrive in time for me to use it for my CCC card.   I masked off some white card and did some blue ink blending.  I then trimmed it with a Gina K die.  I die cut Altenew fine frames die from gold card and kept all the frames together to add to the card.  The tea cup bouquet was stamped and coloured with pencils before fussy cutting it.  Added the little sentiment for my friendship option. The card base looks black, but is actually a very dark blue.   I really like daisies and the Chamomile flowers are very daisy-like.  I'm adding this to the Flower Challenge - your favourite flower 



For once, mail was very quick.  Just on a week from New Zealand to England.  I have posted today rather than wait for the full reveal as I will be way too busy to take the time to post later.  One week till the Aussie crew arrive.  Excitment is building in the house. 

Have an awesome weekend everyone. 

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Definitely exciting to have the 'Aussie crew' arriving!! Enjoy!
Love your card Dawn, and that gold frame is amazing - love it, and it brings a real richness to the card.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, love the gold frames and gorgeous stamp and pencil colouring..I have been getting overseas mail quickly lately, but we wont dwell on how much I lost!!..

Luv CHRISSYxx

I Card Everyone said...

Dawn, I hadn't ever seen the flower from which Chamomile tea comes from! It does look very much like a Daisy! I may be Googling this! We are glad your package arrived in time for our favorite's challenge, too!
Your design is lovely, as is your coloring, and layout, too!
Thank you so much for playing along!
=]

Greta said...

What a lovely card for Jo!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty bouquet in the teacup, Dawn! Just love it atop the multiple gold frames!!