Friday 16 July 2021

I went shopping....at the Craft Fair

 Today was the first day of SENZ.... the Scrapbooking Expo NZ.  After being cancelled last year due to COVID.... it was great to get back to having a Craft Fair.  There weren't as many exhibitors as in the past but I still had a good spend up.  My friend Suna and I went together and ended up in the photo that went up on the SENZ Facebook page....

I bought a few things.... some stuff on my list and some not!


Suna and I spent around 3 hours at the Craft Fair then headed back over to the Shore and had lunch in Takapuna.  I was home by 2.30 so headed straight into the craft room to have a play!

I've been wanting to get Tim Holtz's Snarky Cats since last year and finally found them today as well as the Christmas Snarky Cats...and so I made a card.  


This was isnpired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  I had a lovely piece of foiled paper that was white but I used some dark red inks to blend over it.  I stamped the cat onto some Bristol card and use some Zig Markers and added some ink blending around the cat.  The sentiment was stamped on a strip of black to imitate Santa's belt.   I'm adding this into this month's challege at Christams Kickstart is "Woolly, Fluffy or Furry" 


I got one other cardalmost  made before the family arrived to spend some time with us.  Grace is growing so quickly so was happy to see her and my son and daughter-in-law.  



Next Saturday night she is coming for her first sleepover.  So looking forward to having her stay.  

I'm going to be busy crafting over the next little while after this big haul. 

10 comments:

Betty said...

oh how fun going to a craft fair must have been - and what a haul!! love that snarky cat too. and enjoy your time with Grace - they grow up so fast - my granddaughter, Katie from England, is coming to visit before she starts university in Florida - can't wait to see her!!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Dawn what a fabulous crafty haul, wish the craft fairs would start here again soon, its much more fun than buying online. Love your Snarky cat card, such fun.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling Santa kitty card (looks so guilty, doesn't he?!). Luckily you to go to an expo - love all your picks!! And isn't Grace a cutie - she'll be making cards before you know it!!

Suze said...

Looks like you have found lots of interesting things to have a play with. I decided not to go to SENZ this year and I'm glad that I didn't as it is raining heavily here today and I would have hated the drive. Looking forward to seeing your creations with your new haul.
Like your first card - the santa belt is a great idea and including the sentiment on it makes everything co-hesive. Poor kitty looks like he is worried he'll be on the naughty list.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - that was a great haul Dawn - I will be heading to FYI again this year, hopefully you will get there too. I sometimes get across to Morrinsville and can shop there at Imagine If - always fun, but not always good for the budget...
Love your card - the expression on that cat is priceless.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

I'm really going to go next year Dawn, I've been saying that for along time now, only ever been twice and had a wonderful shopping time..love your haul, and love you fun snarky cat..your little gran daughter looks adorable and hope you enjoy your sleepover..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sorry to have missed the fair this year! Too much going on last weekend. Glad you had a lovely time and your stash looks wonderful! The snarky cat card is fab and how sweet is your granddaughter?!! Lovely pic, what a cutie! Enjoy the sleepover!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Dotty Jo said...

Looks like a fab haul from the show, Dawn! Great card, I love the Santa's belt detail - very witty! Thanks for joining Gail and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Greta said...

It's been so long since I got to go to a craft fair--lucky you! I know you'll be having lots of fun with all those goodies! Can't believe how grown up Grace looks! I know the sleepover will be such fun for all of you!

ionabunny said...

Fabulous card. Love that cat and love the belly belt. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart. Hugz