Saturday 17 July 2021

Embossed Daisies.

 One of my new purchases yesterday was Altenew's Daisies 3D embossing folder.  It is simply stunning.  I have made two cards - both inspired by Vicky Papaioannou.  Check out her video HERE

For my first card I used some black card.

I then took some Metallic Rub-on paste I've had forever.... you use your finger to rub the colour on.    I used the Gold to add colour to the embossed areas.  I used a Paper Roses Birthday die to cut the main sentiment in gold card and the shadow layer in vellum.  I took part of an Altenew Sentiment Strip that I had sitting, alreay embossed, in my extras mug.  

Edited: This one is going into the NBUS (never before used schtuff)  Here .  Thanks for the reminder Linda.


My second card also used some of the Metallic Rub-on.  This time my card was some Cream Pearl card. 

I embossed the cream card and then using my finger, rubbed silver onto the centre of each daisy and smooshed it out a bit - not all over the daisies though.   It's really difficult to photographic.  I matted it to some silver card and then onto a card base made with the cream pearl card.   I used Altenew's Thanks die.  I diecut the Thanks from black card and layered it onto the shadow cut from the silver card.  Again I used a part of a sentiment strip from my extras mug.. although it looks silver, it's actually white.  This card is 5 1/2" square.

I'm entering both cards into the following challenges. 

Let's Squash It - Shimmer and Shine



I love this folder and there are so many different ways to use it.  

Thanks for stopping by - Enjoy your weekend, hopefully with some crafting involved. 

14 comments:

SarahR said...

Oooh those are stunning! Those daisies and the effects you have created are just amazing. Sarah

Betty said...

both fantastic cards, Dawn - look like winners to me!!

Lin said...

Beautiful results, Dawn, must try some metallic paste next time.....

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous cards with that new embossing folder, Dawn!! You should add the first one to the NBUS challenge - https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2021/07/nbus-28.html since ef was first use!!

Suze said...

Great purchase Dawn. It is great seeing your makes from your buys at SENZ. I like both cards - both so unique yet using the same folder.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - what wonderful cards Dawn. Loving that embossing folder, that is really dramatic, and with the metallic rub-ons, they turn into really stunning images
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

Wow, these are stunning, Dawn! I can just imagine how gorgeous these are in person because I know it's impossible to get a good photo which captures the shine! (Off to shop for metallic rub-on paste!) Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Dotty Jo said...

Two beautiful cards, Dawn! You really have nailed the challenge big time. Thanks for playing, Jo x

Chrissy said...

This 3D embossing fold is gorgeous Dawn and I love what you have done with it from the rich gold to the softer silver..beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx [getting to the shopping post and getting excited, started typing faster]

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, the embossed daisies are fabulous! Love the texture and your two versions are delish! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

I can see why you got that ef--beautiful! Love how you added the shimmer & shine & got 2 very different looks!

Tina Z. said...

absolutely stunning!
Thank you for playing with us at Let's Squash It! where I am a Guest Designer.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous cards, but the black base makes a dramatic effect. Love that folder and these cards. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Angelnorth said...

Hah, I made the mistake of clicking on the silver one in the thumbnail gallery and went to Flickr (where I can’t leave comments) and the black one would be the same! Gorgeous folder, both cards look lovely but I always love the drama of a dark base with metallic highlights!