Thursday 5 August 2021

Baubles in Blue

 I've been playing with my Sweet Poppy Bauble stencil.  I decided to stick with a single colour and chose Blue.  I made two cards.

First card -

I used a magentic sheet to put my paper and then the stencil on,  The stencil is metal so this is a great way to keep it from moving.  This was sthe first one I inked up using Altenew blue inks.  The ligher shades on tne bauble and the darker shades for the rest.  I didn't mask it well and got a smudge of ink in the top corner, so trimmed panel and added a bit of the soft blue in each corner to disguise the oops... I then used the darkest inks to stamp the sentiments.  The Merry Christmas from a freebie set and the sub sentiment from an other freebie set.   I added a few silver gems, layered onto dark blue card and then added to a white card base.

This one is being entered into the Challenge at Simon Says Stamp - Summertime Blues - great for me as Christmas here in NZ in the summer. 

Second card.

This time I masked my panel better so was able to trimmed the card a bit wider and just added it to a dark blue card base.  I used an Altenew sentiment on this one.  I added snow with a Posca pen.  There are some clear gems on the snowflakes. 

This one is being entered into the CAS Christmas - Decorations 

I am defineatly going to be trying some different colours like this. 

12 comments:

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I love it. Great job.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both versions, Dawn! That stencil looks amazing and I never would've guessed you had an inky oops on card one - the inked corners match perfectly! I love the added snow on card two's ornament - so pretty!!

Christine Alexander said...

Both cards are gorgeous, I have this stencil and love it for Quick CAS cards. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Dawn, and a wonderful stencil to use to create a great cards quite simply
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Dawn, I love the blue, and what a lovely stencil..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Betty said...

two beautiful cards, Dawn!

Cathy said...

These are both lovely, gorgeous shades of blue and what a great stencil! Thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

Barb Ghig said...

Two really gorgeous cards, Dawn! My fave is the 2nd one...the darker shades of blue work beautifully with this stencil, but both cards are beautiful! LOVE your choice of sentiments, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

This is a beautiful stencil and you've made two gorgeous Christmas cards with it Dawn! It would look fabulous in any colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Greta said...

I do love that stencil, Dawn! Both cards are wonderful!

Julia Aston said...

I just purchased this stencil and love seeing how people are using it - what a beautiful mix of blues and pretty sentiment stamping Dawn! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

nancy littrell said...

Wow!!! Absolutely Stunning stenciled ornament with your Gorgeous blues, Dawns. TFS Hugs..Nancy