Sunday 8 August 2021

Die cut Flowers Mini Slimline

I saw the the last challenge at The Flower Challenge is to use a die with an optional - slim line card. 


I have a number of Altenew layering floral dies so pull out Fantasy Florals to make a mini slimline card. My base started as a large slimline which I trimmed down.


I added double embossed lines around the front of the card base.  To make my flowers I took some white card and using the mini blending tools from Altenew together with inks from the Cherry Blossom and Green Fields set plus a touch of Bamboo ink, to make the colours.  I then die cut all the elements of the flowers and the leaves.  One of the flowers was glued directly to the card base and the other one added with some 3D tape.  I recently purchased Honey Bee's Bitty Buzzwords Stamp and die sets.  I used the little sentiment to white emboss directly onto the card and then took some of the pink blended card and die cut the Love - I then die cut two more in white and layered all together.  The shadow was diecut from vellum.  I added some clear gems which look great in real life, but don't really show well on the photo.    

I'm sending this off to my daughter in Australia, as she has been very unwell with a horrendous ear infection that has caused her to not be able to hear with one ear and suffering really bad vertigo.  I can't give her a hug so a card to let her know I'm thinking of her. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you managed some crafty time over the weekend.   I didn't get as much as I'd have liked, but I did get a good amount of cleaning around the house...  Cleaned the inside of the washing machine, hubby cleaned the rangehood filters, and I did the oven... at least the the racks as my oven is a pyrolitic self cleaning one.  The cycle took 4 hrs and then about another hour to cool down. 

10 comments:

Lin said...

A stunner, Dawn! Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous flowers, Dawn, and so stunning on the black card! Ugh - sorry your daughter is having problems with her ear! A friend had that same thing and it took a while to resolve - no fun to suffer through it, though!!

Betty said...

so beautiful, Dawn!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful choice of flowers and I LOVE your color palette! Another really stunning card, Dawn! xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card for your daughter Dawn and I hope she gets well soon..love these flowers and the colours and so striking against the black..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Hope your daughter is soon feeling much better. I know she'll love this gorgeous card!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So striking elegant and beautiful Dawn! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card and I love the pink with the black background. So pretty and it makes the flowers pop. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

Mr Fix It said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr Fix It said...

Maytag dryer won’t start