Saturday 14 August 2021

I'm back at Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Feature an Animal

 Hi all... after a bit of a hitaus with Sweet Stampin' Challenge I am back on board.  


Our challenge this fortnight - Feature an Animal

My card today is also my NZ Swap group card for August.  I got to chose the techinque and decided on a fun fold card.... Corner Flip card.  I saw this on Spiltcoaststampers and then found lots of tutorials on You Tube.   

I had fun making the card base using some purple card.  I decided to used some of my rather large stash of patterned papers to make my matted layer.  I used a cute as Colorado Craft Company stamp designed by Anita Jeram.   So cute.  It's actually a Valentine's set but I thought these two cuties could be Friends so chose a friends sentiment from an Altenew set (Engraved Flowers)  I coloured the image with Prismacolour pencils and some Mineral spirits to blend.  

Here is another view

You can see the corner flip - I used the corner I trimmed off the front layer inside the card.  

Do come and join our challenge at Sweet Stampin' Challenge.  



8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

These are sweet little bunny buddies Dawn, beautifully showcased on this stunning card.
Thanks for the challenge, it's makes for an interesting fold with a great effect that is not too difficult/fussy.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

those bunnies are so adorable and beautifully colored, Dawn!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So gorgeous Dawn! LOVE the card design and so happy to have you back designing with us hun. Those bunnies really are the sweetest! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Chrissy said...

Beautiful papers Dawn and I love your card design and those sweet bunnies..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Glad to see you back at Sweet Stampin', Dawn, especially with these darling bunnies!! Coincidentally I finished a card with cats this morning so I added to Sweet Stampin'!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Chris said...

Good to have you back Dawn- your card is gorgeous - love the cute bunnies!
xx

Greta said...

Adorable!

creationsnz said...

A wonderfully simple card that looks so special. Love those bunnies. I enjoyed making this fold for the swap. CarolG